Friday, October 22, 2010

10 Things I Hate About You

Last night when I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night because I'd fallen asleep much earlier, I started thinking about the things that I didn't like about my last guy.

Yes I found him charming and funny and really cute at times.

But then there was the fact he flirted on Twitter constantly with other girls. He said it was ok because we'd met on there. (Logic? Zero)

He also would always be playing with his cell phone instead of talking to me in the few hours a week we'd see each other. (Courtesy? Zero)

He slept on MY side of the bed so I'd have to crawl over him to get out of bed since I usually had to get up earlier AND he had the worst heartattack inducing alarm that he'd snooze several times. (Morning & bedside manners? Zero)

He was never on time and this is one of my pet peeves. Especially since he was late because he was ONLINE talking to other people. (Promptness? Zero)

Yes he would sort of make my bed when he left in the morning, but he'd never help do dishes or anything despite the fact I would cook when we stayed in. (I am not a maid. Zero)

Ok, ok... You get the point. I could keep nitpicking. The thing is, I'm not sure if these things are huge or I just find them huge now. Actually, scratch that. I detested the fact that he felt that he could flirt with other women because we'd met that way and that he always seemed preoccupied when we were together and NOT invested in being with me at all. I felt more like a convenience and not really like someone he wanted to be with.

So the trick now is to make a list of the things that are absolutes for me and stick to it. Even if it means being lonely. Winter may be cold but a bad relationship is colder.

No comments: